Friday, April 5, 2013

Whats that "Itis"???

Well, everyone has been through the Itis. No not the Food Coma kind, The I am progressing forward and nothing your saying matters to me anymore kind. If your anything like most of the 4 year med schoolers, you saved the last rotation of your year for what you wanted to be semi easy. I find myself these days saying mmmm does this pertain to my field, if not then well that goes into mental trash. BUT THEN...as I am doing some self learning for my course and I decided to "trash what was not important". A friend says "Oh doing the whole thing was really helpful" I pause for effect "Blink blink, eh ok" In my head I say well it will help her for USMLE Step 2, Another pause for effect..Blink blink, the R u sure you want to put this in the trash appeared in my head, and I sadly recall sometime this year I have to take my last licensing exam (USMLE Step 3), and since I am going into Pediatrics and this test has adult medicine on it, I may need the said information to keep me abreast. *sigh* cancel button pushed, back into the memory box.

The Itis is still very real, I will just have to choose my trashed items more carefully. I have 15 days of Medical School left (excluding weekends). I cannot tell you how amazing it will feel to be done, and yet so frightening. A friend asked me how I am feeling about what is to come, well that will most probably be a future post I dare not spoil it now. So as this Itis clearly settles in, I will enjoy this weekend on the beach, and purposely forget I have homework to do for monday :-).

Until next time,

Live, Laugh, Love & Take out the trash

No comments:

Post a Comment