Why is this titled Insanity, well its Kind of Amazingly Insane that I have 9 weeks until I start Residency!!!! My contract has been signed, I go down to look for a place in a few weeks. I cant help but to wonder, wow this is super real! Now they say when your going through stressful(good or bad) life-changing events you tend to do or rather embark on such endeavors like, Skydiving, Bungie Jumping or any adrenaline releasing event.
Well, I unconsciously decided to embark on a 9 week (60day workout) called...INSANITY!!! I will, coincidentally or maybe not, complete this 2 days prior to my start date. This surely begs the question; What is my subconscious telling me? Quite possibly that I am so nervous about beginging my journey as a practicing MD. While yes residency is still a learning process, the new-found responsibility is made quite apparent. This said nervousness is mixed with excitement, joy, and gratefulness.
I look forward to these 9 weeks of preparation in mind, body, and spirit. I would have to say my subconscious got it right, and the outward manifestation makes sense. Why not prepare myself to embark on a continuation of one of the most difficult parts of my journey as an M.D. The end result will be feeling good, looking good, and physically pushing myself beyond what I have ever done before. In residency I intend to do the same; to become the best of me, the best as a physician, the best advocate for my patients, a physician of compassion and integrity. So in the end when I look at Me: I am proud of who I Am.
Until Next time,
Live, Laugh, Love and "DIG DEEPER"
No comments:
Post a Comment