For the past 2.5 weeks many things I have read or heard have revolved around having faith. All of my daily scripture readings, many of the post on social media, conversations with my loved ones, Sunday school lesson; etc.. At first I did not pay much attention, however, when the context kept showing up; I opened my ears.
In my prior experiences, I have known God to speak to me in a direct fashion. Many of those times were because I think He knew I needed to know "His" exact plan. There have also been many times where He spoke in signs, and when the story came together, I realized how it all connected. I don't think it is coincidental, this reminder about having faith and being faithful. I do think I almost did not pay attention. I get so caught up in the day to day of life, I forget to see what is right in front of me.
I am in a period of my life where there are many uncertainties both professionally and personally. It is during these time, I would typically begin to worry constantly about the future outcomes. Now, there is a difference between "worrying" and "thinking". I am talking about, true worry and stress over uncertainty. Time and time again over the years I have heard "If you are worrying then you are not trusting God". I always found that difficult, because as humans it is natural for us to "worry". It took me sometime to filter out, true worry vs. being mindful. I am aware that there are changes to come, but the thoughts of the outcomes are not physically and mentally causing me grief; that is me trusting in God vs. I am constantly consumed with these uncertainties and I am fearful of the potential outcomes; that is worry. I have been on both sides of this fence more in the latter direction, to be honest.
So, I think God was just reminding me though all of these changes may want to consume me; trust Me and maintain faith. I have learned to listen and pay attention when God is speaking to me. His way is perfect and I wouldn't want my humanity to screw up my destiny. I know "faith" can be difficult, especially if your world is falling a part; and people saying "keep the faith" doesn't help. I also, without a shadow of a doubt know, that when you are truly in relationship and aligned within God's will; his perfect plan will be revealed. When it is revealed it will be far greater than you could have imagined. My prayer is that I never miss the moments when God is trying to speak to me. Whether it is through the journey of other people via scripture or in this now life. I have watched in the past two weeks two people's world appear to fall a part and in the midst of it they remained strong in their faith. I found myself saying, "wow that is true faith, and I am in awe of their strength". They have no idea how impactful it was to watch them live out some of their greatest fears, with steadfast faith, grace, and trust in God. I want to thank them for reminding me of what it is to truly trust in God. May your worry cease and your burdens ease.
Until next time,
Live, Laugh, Love and Listen
Matt 6vs34: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment