Sunday, October 21, 2012

God Moments...

This is by no means to convert or offend anyone, but I am a Christian and just like its ok to discuss any other random moments I choose, I feel it is ok to also discuss my faith or sometimes the test of it.

Since I began medical school, I have experience many God Moments.
First Moment: God reminds me nothing is by accident. Not even my packing all of my belongings moving to the Island of Dominica for 16 months to complete my first two years of Medical School. This came to me in a story..as I trekked the 7min journey down to campus one day.
The Wedding Dress:
There was a woman who was getting married, and we all know this is one of the most important moments in many women's lives. She was in the store searching desperately for a dress she could afford. While in the store she sees a famous designer, mmmm she says why is she in here. With nerves she approaches the designer and ask if it really is her. The Designer says yes it is, I sell less expensive versions of my dresses and I wanted to come to check on the sales. Now by less expensive I'm sure we mean instead of 50,000 bucks, its 5000 bucks. So the woman eagerly continues to shop but to no avail, various stores and still she cannot find anything she likes that she can afford. At this time she is discouraged and begins to cry. The Designer hears her and ask her why would she be crying, when she is planning her wedding. The woman states she is looking for a dress but cannot afford one that looks great on her. The Designer's heart was warmed and she said, listen, I will make you a dress, however you have an obligation to wear it. The woman's eyes opened in surprise, I cannot afford to pay you. The Designer says I know, your price is wearing the dress. The woman gratefully obliged, why would she NOT wear this beautiful dress being made by a TOP designer! She left with great excitement and expectation. A few days prior to the wedding and it was now time to see her dress, she was so excited! When the dress was unveiled and she tried it on..she thought..This is UGLY..she began to weep. The Designer asks what is the matter? The woman replies..you have designed such lovely things, but this is so Ugly and its not what I expected. Why would you do this? The Designer replied when I looked at you this is the dress I believed suited you the best, and your promise was to wear it. It was too late to look for another dress, the woman would have to keep her promise.
On the big day, she walked down the aisle with a look of all the confidence she could conjure up. Throughout the day and evening many people complimented her on her lovely dress. She went into the rest room and took another look, and realized, mmmm its not so bad after all. The next few compliments, she raved about who Designed her lovely gown, she did this so often throughout the night she started to realize it was not so bad after all, and she looked beautiful.

At this moment I arrived in front of campus. Somehow without a broken ankle or near miss of being hit by a car, since I had not remembered the actual walk. Then I heard: When you surrendered your life you told me I had control. I am the Great Designer and my plans for you are not mistakes. This is my plan for you. The outcome will surely be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment